Please read the following information carefully before submitting your application:
- The funding must be used for the repair or removal of health and safety hazards
- You must not have received funding previously from BHH for a home modification
- You must be in good standing with the organization
- Modifications are awarded to veterans who have who have served and have been honorably discharged from the United States Military as a result of their injuries, as well as Gold Star Families. Submitting an application does not mean you will receive a modification. While we will do everything we can to help as many injured veterans as possible, we will not be able to help everyone who applies.
- Once you submit your application and all necessary supporting documents, you do not need to do anything else. Due to the large volume of applications received, we will only contact you if we should need any additional information or if you have been selected to be interviewed.
- If modification is approved, homeowner will grant a security interest in the property in the amount of the funding provided by Building Homes for Heroes for five years from the date of completion of improvements.
- If you wish to update your application and cannot do so online, please email any updates to Gina.Cerami@buildinghomesforheroes.org. Due to the large volume of applicants, you will not receive a response unless more information is needed.
What you will need to apply:
- Full name of home recipient
- Location of home
- Date of home award
- A detailed explanation of purpose for grant application
- You must submit 2 estimates for the work to be done by licensed and insured companies
*Please be advised that modification grants have a financial cap. If your application has been approved, the grant may not cover the total expense of your modification.
Building Homes for Heroes prohibits discrimination in all its programs. It is the policy of Building Homes for Heroes to allow individuals who are eligible to apply without regard for race, color, creed, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, or political beliefs.