The Family Foundation 2017
Matching Gift Program Guidelines
Building Homes for Heroes – Florida Home Building or Modifications
Who can participate?
Anyone can participate in the Family Foundation’s 2017 Building Homes for Heroes
Matching Gift Program. Please note that an applicant must make a current donation
during the Matching Gift Program period, May 26, 2017 - November 27, 2017.
Which programs qualify to receive matching funds?
Currently, only donations made to Building Homes for Heroes for home building or modifications
for disabled veterans in the Florida area are eligible for the Matching Gift.
What contributions are eligible?
- Must be a current gift, from the donor’s funds, which has been paid and not simply pledged. For gifts of installments, each installment must be submitted separately and must meet the Program Guidelines.
- Gifts must be contributions made directly to Building Homes for Heroes.
- Gifts must be in the form of cash, check, credit card, or marketable securities with a quoted market value. Gifts of securities are valued based on the average of the high and low selling prices on the date of the gift.
What is not eligible for matching?
- Prior contributions
- Gifts made in lieu of pledges
- Gifts of real or personal property
Is there a time limit for matching my gift?
Gifts must be made during the Program Period, May 26th 2017 – November 27th 2017, to be considered for matching. Gifts made before or after those times are not eligible. All gifts must be verified by Building Homes for Heroes in order to be matched by The Family Foundation.
How the Program Works
To make your eligible donation, simply fill out the attached Gift Program Form to accompany your contribution to request the corresponding match. From there it’s Building Homes for Heroes’ responsibility to complete the process, no later than December 4th. Eligible gifts are processed and matched to Building Homes for Heroes within 10 business days of the verification process.
The Foundation reserves the right to suspend, change, revoke or terminate the 2017
Building Homes for Heroes Matching Gift Program at any time.
Make a secure online donation now
Download offline donation form