17 REASONS TO SUPPORT BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES IN 2017
If you are visiting the Building Homes for Heroes site, you are, perhaps, interested in supporting, or further supporting, the meaningful and memorable work we do. To those who generously support us, we are truly thankful. Together, we are making a tremendous impact in many ways. For those who are seeking insight and/or considering future support of our organization, please find 17 highly regarded reasons why Building Homes for Heroes may very well be your choice in 2017.
1. 47 Homes – 47 homes under construction in 2017, most of which will be gifted mortgage-free, including modifications.
2. One Mortgage-Free Home Every 10 Days – In the past two years, we have gifted 57 homes nationwide. With growing support, we hope to help more veterans and families than ever before by gifting as many as 36 mortgage-free homes for injured veterans in 2017, equal to one home every ten days.
3. ★★★★ - Building Homes for Heroes was proud to receive the highest possible rating of 4 stars from Charity Navigator, the nation’s largest charity evaluator. This score was re-validated in 2017 for a second straight year.
4. 100 Score on Charity Navigator – Building Homes for Heroes received a perfect 100 score for accountability and transparency from Charity Navigator, as well as an overall score of 96.46, which puts our organization at the forefront among not only military charities, but all nonprofit organizations of any kind across the country.
5. 93% Program Rating for 7 Years – The organization reached a sixth consecutive year in 2016 in which, at least, 93% of every dollar donated goes directly to our mission, one of the few charities in the nation to accomplish this feat. We project a seventh consecutive year in 2017.
6. Team Building – The program is designed to strengthen bonds and family spirit among veterans and their families. It is yet another step toward marital success, family happiness, camaraderie and comfort in their everyday lives. The organization has found this program to be tremendously inspirational for veterans and families alike, another step toward being defined by their accomplishments and activities, and not their injuries or disabilities.
7. First All-Women Veteran Climb, Outdoor Adventure, Healing and Well-Being - Launched in 2017, it marks the third straight year we have created a new program. We are proud to announce that we will be sponsoring and supporting the first ever all-female veteran climb of Mount Denali in 2018, the tallest mountain peak in North America. The female participants suffer from a range of injuries, including amputations, traumatic brain injuries, PTSD and more. We plan to expand our outdoor opportunities to promote the therapeutic benefits they can have on veterans as they rehabilitate from physical, emotional and psychological injuries. We look forward to discussing this further.
8. Emergency Funding – We hope to further expand our efforts to provide emergency and watershed funding for veterans and their families who experience sudden life-altering moments in their lives.
9. Financial Awareness and Well Being Programs – In partnership with the NAPFA consumer education program, we plan to expand upon our financial awareness programs to help an ever-expanding number of families live a life of financial freedom and reduced stress, directly related to their injuries, including PTSD and TBI.
10. Over 600 times on Air – According to recent Nielson Data Research results, Building Homes for Heroes has aired more than 600 times in just the past 2 years on national and local television for the gifting of homes to our nation’s veteran. To date, the organization has not paid for a single commercial.
11. Founder and CEO’s Salary – For a 12th consecutive year, the Founder and CEO of the organization will donate his time and salary to the organization.
12. 100,000 Facebook Likes in One Year – In a 12-month span, Building Homes for Heroes received nearly 100,000 likes on Facebook. The number continues to grow by the day and we are extremely appreciative of the increased support on social media, with a goal of 200,000 likes by the end of 2017. Please see our Facebook page to receive regular updates on our activities!
13. Economic Advancement – While many contractors are willing to donate their time and service, many do not have the means to do so. Building Homes for Heroes plans to support nearly 700 contractors and their families in the year ahead.
14. Community Inspiration – At many ceremonies, we often see firefighters, police officers, political dignitaries, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Cub Scouts, Brownies, Daisies, school bands, vintage cars, ROTC volunteers, veterans’ groups, family, friends and neighbors alike gather together to celebrate a veteran’s homecoming. The impact produced is clearly making our communities and country a better place, and setting a positive example for all to see.
15. Marital Success and Family Happiness – Having completed construction on more than 100 homes for veterans and their families, we are proud to announce that we have seen only four divorces to date. The combination of financial freedom and community support appears to be creating a clear and concise path towards marital triumph and family happiness for veterans, who are struggling with severe physical and cerebral injuries, including PTSD and TBI.
16. Fastest Growing Charity in the Nation - Building Homes for Heroes is one of the fastest growing, efficient and effective veteran’s charities in the nation. Thanks to our many partners and growing support in all 50 states, Building Homes for Heroes is projected to grow by 2000% since 2010. With much work ahead, our sights are set on being the most respected veteran’s organization in the country.
17. Corporate and Organizational Support – Building Homes for Heroes is supported by amazing organizations such as Chase Bank, Advance Auto Parts, The Home Depot Foundation, Lowes, Johnson Controls, York Systems, Cantor Fitzgerald, Mazda, GE Silicone II, the FDNY, 343 Ride, BAE Systems, Legrand North America, Tijuana Flats, Mansfield Plumbing, William Ryan Homes, Randy Wise Homes, PCL Construction, Sikorsky Aircraft, Ebby Halliday Realtors, Hillwood Development Company, the Arizona Diamondbacks, Chick-Fil-A, plus an ever-growing number of organizations and communities nationwide